The Company was formed in 1948. In 1967 the factory was moved to Babelegi, the industrial area of Hammanskraal, about 35 kilometers north of Pretoria. The present owners acquired the Company in 1986.
In 2003 the company name was changed to its present name of Pilot Furniture Manufacturers (Pty) Ltd. In 2004 and 2005 a second and considerably larger factory building was added, more than doubling the size of the facility to more than 40,000 square metres.
The Company specialises in the mass production of case goods furniture such as bedroom suites, wardrobes, wall units, TV stands and kitchen units.
Our goods are sold nationally throughout South Africa and its neigbouring countries to registered furniture retailers. We have our own transport division and deliver across the whole of South Africa. We pride ourselves on the rapid turnaround from receipt of order to delivery thereof.
At present the Company employs approximately 600 staff, most of who live locally and is one of the largest employers in the area.